Updated at 30/06/2022 - 02:44 pm
Scope of application
01. This Auditing Standard specifies and guides the responsibility of the auditor and the firm (hereinafter referred to as an “auditor”) for the use of work by an individual or an expert. operating in a separate field outside the field of accounting, auditing to obtain sufficient appropriate audit evidence.
02. This Auditing Standard do not apply in case:
(a) When the engagement team has a member with extensive experience in a particular area relevant to accounting, the audit, or the engagement team has sought the advice of a person or entity with specialized experience. deep in separate fields related to accounting, auditing, according to the instructions in paragraphs A10, A20 - A22, the Vietnamese Standards on Auditing No. 220; or
(b) When the auditor uses the work of an individual or an organization in a particular discipline other than accounting or auditing, and work in that particular discipline is used by the entity. to assist them in preparing and presenting the financial statements (the entity's expertise), following the instructions in paragraphs A34 - A48 of the Vietnam Standard on Auditing No. 500.
Responsibility of auditors and auditing firms for the audit opinion
03. The auditor and the auditing firm take full responsibility for the opinion given by the auditor, the use of the expert's work does not reduce the auditor's and the firm's responsibility for the audit opinion. . However, if the auditor uses the expert's work in accordance with this Auditing Standard and concludes that the expert's work is adequate for the audit purposes, the auditor may use The expert's performance or conclusions in the expert's particular area of expertise as appropriate audit evidence.
04. The auditor and the firm shall comply with the provisions and instructions of this Standard in the course of using expert work.
The entity (the customer) and the parties using the results of the audit are required to have the necessary understanding of the requirements and guidelines of this International Standard to coordinate work with the auditor and the firm. handle relationships related to the professional use process.
05. Objectives of auditors and auditing firms are:
(a) Determining whether it is necessary to use the work of the firm's expert;
(B) Determining the adequacy of the expert's work for audit purposes.
Full text view Auditing Standard No. 620